Jennifer’s Scraps

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Frosty Surprise

I wasn't expecting much exciting this morning when I got up, had breakfast and got my son off to school. But then I got online to do a quick email check and read today's Gotta Pixel newsletter and was SOOO excited to see my layout in the Layout of the Day section!!! It makes my day anytime I get recognized in the Gallery Stand Outs for the day, but Layout of the Day (LOTD) is like getting an Oscar for scrapbooking to me.
I had almost as much fun making this page as we did making the snowman. Gotta Pixel recently celebrated Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) week with a fun thread in the forum and numerous RAKs by various designers of gift certificates to their stores. I was lucky enough to get a $5 gift certificate to Mye De Leon's store where I picked up her A Frosty Surprise kit and wordart. I just loved the colors and those cute snowmen. I knew it would be a great kit for my snowy, winter pictures. Then I checked out the new Topsy Turvy Template challenge at Scrapbook Bytes and picked up Connie Prince's template pieces. I love that challenge because you get the basic pieces of a template and then can arrange/resize them however you want and add any additional pieces you want. When I was done, I ended up with my fun snowman page (image is linked to my gallery at Gotta Pixel).



I just love so many parts of this kit - the blue snowy paper, the yellow plaid paper, the snowflake scatter, the stitching... I'm so happy how they all came together to help me capture this great memory of making a snowman with my son!

Here's the kit I used by the fabulous Mye De Leon (image is linked to her store at Gotta Pixel).


On this cold, March morning, it was truly a frosty surprise to get LOTD, and I couldn't be more honored. What a great way to kick off the weekend!!!! Hope you have a great weekend, too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment